Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Go To Work

Nearly every time I drop Norah off for daycare it takes her several minutes to warm up enough for me to leave. She gets so excited to go to Heidi's when we are still at the house and she recites everyone's name who will be there: Hannah, Chi-Chi (Malachi), Zackson (Jackson), and Kaden. But for whatever reason once we actually get there she never wants me to go.

However, today we reached a milestone. Today when I dropped her off I put her down and then dropped to my knees to try and play with her a bit knowing she usually needs that. Only today she looked at me, put her hand on my shoulder, pushed me, and said, "work daddy. work" So I got up and left. Its weird, I've been wanting that to happen for the last 12 months, but now that she wants me gone I'd kind of like to stay :-( My baby doesn't need me anymore, sniffle sniffle.


Norah always grabs my hat and puts it on like a homie


She was so proud of herself double paci-ing


Norah and Hannah in my grasp

1 comment:

Rice Family said...

Lydia used to do so well when I would take her in but these last few weeks have been so hard on her. I was able to drop her off today for the first time in a long and time we are starting all over again, she cried so hard. It breaks my heart, but is nice to know that I am loved and I will be missed. Don't worry I'm sure there will be days she will still want you to stay.