Saturday, July 04, 2009

Adoption Update

Its been awhile since we've updated what has been going on, so I thought I better get out here and write something.  On Tuesday of last week there was another meeting with the judge to discuss the paternity action that the birth father filed.  Like two months prior, he failed to show for this hearing.  So the judge dismissed the birth father's rights and we are now free to move towards finalization! 

We still have to wait another week or so to call the courthouse to set up the finalization, but that is the last thing left to do.  Then I'll officially have papers to prove that I'm Norah's father in case she decides to claim I'm not when she's a teenager and hates me ;-).  We plan to throw a little party as soon as the finalization is complete.  If you live in Rochester we'll let you know, if you don't live here, well, you can celebrate with us in spirit.

1 comment:

Marlene Miller said...

Just let me know as I want to be there!!!