Wednesday, February 07, 2007

January Recap

What a way to break in the new year. There were two big events this month. The first is that Jamie's sister came to Rochester for two weeks and she brought our little niece with her! Poor Doug had to stay Utah and work and did not get to join us this time. However, there are some rumors swirling around that he got a little fiesty with some people on his pizza delivery route one night, so it sounds like he had a little excitement while his two favorite ladies were gone. We have lots of pictures of Ellorie, but I haven't downloaded them from the camera yet. So those will be coming shortly so you can all see just how cute she is!

The other major event this month was that I was nominated and formally elected by the church body to become an elder at our church. It is very humbling to even be considered for this position and at the same time very "scary." I in no way take this position lightly and both Jamie and I have committed ourselves fully to all the time and effort that is required of us. The success of any church rests on the ability of its elders to lead and so I ask all of our friends and family out there to please keep us in your prayers, we will need them.

PS - If you are trying to come up with jokes about me being an "elder" please know that I've just about all of them already :) I guess that's what you get when you carry that title and haven't hit 30 yet.

PSS - Consider Jesus was only 30 when he started his earthly ministry. Since I'll be 30 in a few months it was a sobering realization that age should never be an excuse for being timid or inactive in church leadership.

No comments: