Monday, November 12, 2007

Uncle Part 2

Early Friday morning Jamie and I became an aunt and uncle for the second time. My sister had a beautiful baby girl. I have no pictures yet, but as soon as I get some I'll be sure to post them. They named her Lydia Grace, and because she was just over 4 weeks early, she is just a little peanut. She was 19in long and only 4lbs 13ozs. We can't wait until January when we get to go out to Pennsylvania to see her. This now means I have two nieces to dote on. It is a very tough job, but I think I'm up to the task. I've got plenty of love to go around :)

The other "big" news is that Jamie finally got her fireplace! After much hard work and toil (and nearly losing my left thumb) all the work is complete. We had Haley's Comfort Systems come and hook up the gas line and exhaust. I didn't feel like being responsible for blowing up our house. After they did that work, I finished everything else. It will definitely be nice since our TV is in the basement. Its typically about 8-10 degrees cooler in the basement, so in January that means its about 60 degrees down there. Give me a blanket and I'm fine, but my wife prefers the 35,000 BTU firebox.

2 comments:

The Bontragers said...

WOW you guys, that is gorgeous!! I would love to learn to tile like that. You want to come over and do our bathroom floor? :)

Congrats on the new niece!

milnuts said...

I'm always available for tile work. I typically don't charge much... just a nice home cooked meal usually :)